1. Purnima Shradh September 16 Friday
2. Pratipada Shradh September 17 Saturday
3. Dwitiya Shradh September 18 Sunday
4. Tritiya Shradh /
Chaturthi Shradh September 19 Monday
5. Panchami Shradh September 20 Tuesday
6. Shashthi Shradh September 21 Wednesday
7. Saptami Shradh September 22 Thursday
8. Ashtami Shradh September 23 Friday
9. Navami Shradh September 24 Saturday
10. Dashami Shradh September 25 Sunday
11. Ekadashi Shradh September 26 Monday
12. Dwadashi Shradh September 27 Tuesday
13. Trayodashi Shradh September 28 Wednesday
14. Chaturdashi Shradh September 29 Thursday
15. Sarva Pitru Amavasya
Shradh September 30 Friday
16. Nana/ Nani Shradh October 1 Saturday
The last day of Pitru Paksha is known as Sarva Pitru Amavasya Shradh because on this day one can perform the Shraddha of anyone.
In Hindu mythology, it is believed that our ancestors are still watching us, they are protecting us from the hurdles of life and blessing us. But at the same time, they want us to remember them and pay respect.
Rituals of Tarpan in Shraddha is a way to pay our gratitude toward the ancestors for all that they have given or giving to us. It is believed that if the rituals are performed with full faith, love, and respect, our ancestors get happy and protect us from all the evil powers of the universe. They don't let anything harm us either it is natural or supernatural.
We inherit the assets and properties of our ancestors, but at the same time we also inherit the results of their misdeeds. Sometimes, their misdeeds do not allow them to attain the peace after death. This disturbance of their souls can sometimes affect the present generations of the family. The rituals of Tarpan in Shradh helps them in attaining the peace of soul and paying of the misdeeds of their lives. Help your ancestors in gaining peace of soul by performing the Tarpan rituals in Shraadh 2016.